Wednesday 31 December 2014

December Blogger of the Month!

Untitled-1

Being a blogger, you come across some amazing blogs and meet some great people! I was first introduced to my December Blogger of the Month through twitter and Dee from Prompts by Dee!

When it comes to blogging, there are thousands of blogs out there so finding a blog that catches your eye and makes you want to follow them is, in my opinion a great blog!

I follow many blogs as I enjoy reading reviews, experiences and I am pretty nosy too so I like to know what is going on, especially in the world of beauty!

This lady is an amazing writer, not only are her posts informative, but they give you a real sense of her personality and I must say reading her posts defiantly cheer me up and I actually find myself giggling along with sense of humour! Oh and all of the above is great but the most important part is, she really knows her stuff, whats not to love?

Now I know your all on the edge of your seat to hear who the blogger in question is (drum roll please...) it is no other than Katy from Little Miss Katy.

Little-Miss-Katy-Zara-scarf-6

So as in pervious months, I presented Katy with my questions and I would now like to share with you her response so I hope you love her and her blog as much as I do!

Name: Katy
 
Name of your Blog:  Little Miss Katy
 
Website address: http://www.littlemisskaty.co.uk
 
Blog category:  Lifestyle
 
How long have you been blogging for? 8 months
 
What inspired you to create your blog?



Boredom! I work really long hours as a receptionist in a really quiet building, so have waaay too much spare time on my hands. I started reading blogs to keep me occupied and from there it was a short jump to starting my own :)

 
What do you enjoy most about blogging? 



The community! I love talking and meeting new people, so the social aspect of connecting with people, who love the same things that I do, is what really keeps me going. I love writing and photography as well, but I know that without the community and the social interraction, I'd never have kept this up as long as I have.
 
What has been the hardest thing you have found about blogging? 



Getting organised! I'm the least organised person of all time, and I find it hard to get the balance right between taking photos, writing articles and getting posts up five times a week, plus interacting on social media, answering emails and handling behind-the-scenes technical stuff. My goal in 2015 is to finally start getting some sort of order and process into my blogging routine!
 
If you could give advice to fellow bloggers trying to increase their followers/subscribers what would it be? What have you found most successful? 



My advice would be to jump headfirst into the community. Join in Twitter chats, read other blogs, comment thoughtfully and leave your link for people to click on if they want to. But please for the love of all pizza do NOT post a "follow me and I'll follow you" comment. Everyone I know will either mark you as spam or just ignore you completely.

 

But most of all: BE PATIENT. Rome wasn't built in a day, and it's highly unlikely you're gonna get 1000 followers in a month, let alone in a week. Grow your blog slowly and organically, and focus on creating a community of people you love talking to, not just mindless followers who couldn't care less about what you write. It's not all about the numbers!

 
If you could give someone thinking about starting a blog one bit of advice what would it be? 



Just do it! Don't put it off waiting for the perfect moment, the perfect design, the perfect idea. Just start. "Read like a butterfly, write like a bee" and learn on the go. (Shameless plug: I actually wrote a post on How To Start A Blog a couple of months ago!)

 
How can my readers contact you?



 I'm ALWAYS online and up for a chat! You can tweet me at @MissKatyEnglish, add me on Instagram: @littlemisskatyuk or (if you're old school) message me on my Facebook page: Little Miss Katy.







Now I would like to share with you a favourite post from Little Miss Katy......






I just want to say a massive thank you to Katy for taking the time to answer my questions and please please show your support and head on over to Little Miss Katy and subscribe and follow Katy's blog!




So I wish you a happy new year I look forward to reading and discovering new blogs in 2015!


Thanks for Reading


Tracy xx



3 comments:

  1. Great post! I too follow Little Miss Katy!


    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. LittleMissPlusSize1 January 2015 at 00:15

    She's amazing isn't she! Its great to find new blogs to follow and I love being able to share my favourites with my readers too! Thank you for taking the time to comment I really appreciate it! Happy New Year!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so so much!!!! :D this has completely made my week!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete