Monday 8 December 2014

My New Winter Skincare Routine ft REN!

DSC00020

One thing I think any blogger loves is trying new products and I am no exception! I love skincare but think that it is such a personal product, over the years I have made purchases based on amazing reviews yet the product didn't work for me.

Recently I have changed up my skincare routine and I have to say my skin is really benefiting from these products.

I am a big fan of Liz Earles Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, however I like to try alternatives that are on the market. I was shopping in Marks & Spencer's and came across this Rose Centifolia hot cloth cleanser by REN.

DSC00026

This has to be my favourite, especially for during the winter months. The cleanser is a nice luxurious texture, a little thicker than the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. I apply this to dry skin, make sure to work it into the skin then run the cloth that comes with the cleanser, under hot water. I then place the warm cloth over my face and allows my pores to open with the warmth. I then remover the cleanser with the cloth to receive soft smooth skin. £16 for 150mls.

The cloth acts as an exfoliation and sometimes I use my Magnitone Lucid face brush with this cleanser too and then remove with the cloth provided.

I find that this cleanser is very moisturising so possibly might not be great if you have a very oily skin type however in the winter months skin generally lacks moisture so it is defiantly worth a try.

DSC00036

After I have cleansed my skin I have then been using this facial toner* by Safa, I am going to be 100% honest and I am normally fussy about which toner I use and also this is a step I am most likely to skip (please don't shout at your screen I know using a toner is important). I was sent this toner to review and in all honesty I wouldn't have came across it and probably wouldn't have bought it. However I am so pleased I was sent it as I love it!

Its is an organic product and is wheat and gluten free. It also contains no alcohol which is unusual for a toner and contains 94% organic ingredients. I found that it complimented my cleanser however it took me a while to get used to using, simply because it is a step I am most likely to miss however I am enjoying using this toner at the moment.

DSC00032

After I have finished toning my skin I then use this gorgeous REN Vita Mineral Daily Supplement Moisturising Cream. I love this moisturiser as it leaves my skin so soft and sinks straight into my skin. The formula contains powerful antioxidants and when I apply it to my skin my skin feels very fresh and replenished. I look forward to repurchasing this in the future. £19 for 50mls

DSC00044

When I was purchasing my REN products I came across this, Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial with Water activated Vitamin C. I use this when ever my skin looks like it needs a pick me up or is I am going out (a very rare occasion I know). This facial left my skin feeling rejuvenated and my skin looked instantly brighter. One thing I will say is that when I use this and the product is on my skin, my skin tends to sting. Not in an unpleasant way, but more in a way that you can feel the product working. If your not a fan of products that you can feel working on the skin then this is maybes not for you. I am really enjoying using this and I can defiantly see a difference in my skin tone. £32 for 75mls.

DSC00028

A while ago now I was lucky enough to try Foryou Skincare, their E1 exfoliator, I loved it so much I purchased a few of their samples and I use it religiously once a day, normally of an evening with my Magnitone Lucid. This helps to buff away dead, dry skin and leaves your face radiant. The exfoliating beads are so gentle but tough enough to gently exfoliate your skin. I would defiantly recommend this to anyone as it suits all skin types. £2 for 10mls

DSC00039

Lastly this is a product again that I wouldn't normally buy but I was kindly sent this Safa Skin Therapy Oil*. This product is made with 100% organic ingredients and helps to reduce skin imperfections, very dry skin and stretch marks. I have been a lover of Bio oil to help reduce my stretch marks so I was keen to test this out. I enjoy using this at an evening as it nourishes my skin and the thought that it can be helping my imperfections is a bonus. I have been enjoying using this product but no visible improvement on my stretch marks so far. (If you would like to try Safa they have competitions over on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SafaSkin or you can contact them over on twitter @safaskin)

I hope you have enjoyed seeing what has been helping my skin during these colder months and if you have any recommendations I would love to hear them!

If you enjoy reading my posts I would love it if you would support me and subscribe to my blog by filling in your email on the sidebar I would really appreciate it!


Enter your email address to keep up to date with all my latest posts and news directly from Little Miss Plus Size


 

Thanks for Reading

Tracy xx

6 comments:

  1. I actually have that cleanser and haven't got round to using it - I obviously need to try it out asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I had not heard of this brand before~ ^ ^
    Thank you for introducing it! ^ - ^

    www.thedaiilydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LittleMissPlusSize9 December 2014 at 05:05

    Ah that's good, that's the beauty of blogging, you find loads of new brands to try! Thank you for commenting :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LittleMissPlusSize9 December 2014 at 05:05

    Yh deffinatly! its lovely to use! Thank you for commenting :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great routine in place! That one minute facial sounds amazing, I'd love to try it out! :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  6. LittleMissPlusSize12 December 2014 at 14:45

    Thank you, its really working for me. Its really nice and very effective, is it strange that the tingling feeling makes me feel its working? haha try getting a sample, its worth it. Going to be trying out some new face masks soon too :) thank you for commenting :) xx

    ReplyDelete