Saturday 27 December 2014

Time for a little Caviar! Ciate Caviar Manicure!

DSC00068

I do love nail varnishes and Im always looking to experiment with different textures and trends. I know that Ciate Caviar Manicure sets have been out for a while now but I have never had the chance to try them until now.

I was lucky enough to pick up two sets to try, Rainbow and black pearls. I thought that it was about time that I gave them a go and see whether or not they are worth the hype.

DSC00089

In each set you get a varnish, caviar beads, a funnel, a collecting tray and a information booklet. In order to achieve the desired look you follow these simple steps:

1) Paint your nails using the solid colour, I chose to paint mine using two coats.

2) Once you have decided where you would like the caviar beads to go, re-paint that nail so that the beads will be able to stick to the varnish.

3) Whilst the varnish is still wet, hover over the 'collection' tray and sprinkle the caviar beads onto the nail until covered, or until the chosen area is covered.

4) using the funnel, return the unused beads back into the bottle to use the next time.

5) Finally I would recommend using a clear top coat to further secure the beads however that is a personal preference.

I really enjoyed applying these to my nails and received lovely compliments on how pretty my nails looked.

DSC00069

The first set I decided to try as I thought it was most suited to the winter season, Black pearls.

DSC00074 DSC00078

The polish, unrestricted glam is a deep black colour or at least that is the colour that it showed up on my nails.

DSC00079 DSC00085

You then also get these stunning black pearls, the pearls are actually a mixture of green, black purple and blue. At first when I bought this kit I was concerned that the beads may not show up too well but I was defiantly not disappointed. I am so pleased I picked this kit up!

DSC00094 DSC00089 DSC00086

The second set I chose is Rainbow, whats not to love!

DSC00096 DSC00099

I can honestly say I have never tried such a lovely baby pink that has so much coverage! The colour of the polish is called Strawberry Milkshake and I think Ciate could not have picked a better name. I was so impressed with this colour alone and offers amazing coverage, you could get away with just using one coat, but I stuck with two.

The Rainbow beads have got to be my favourite, simply because they remind me of sprinkles I used to have on my ice cream when I was younger! The Caviar beads are a mixture of green, red, pink, yellow, pearl, blue quite frankly a rainbow of colours. I think that I will use this set more in the spring/summer months and think it looks so pretty and feminine!

DSC00103

Which set would you chose? Have you tried any different trends that you have enjoyed?

Thanks for Reading

Tracy xx

 

2 comments:

  1. I love these sets - I have a red and green one that makes me feel like a christmas tree!

    C xx
    http://curvygirlthin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. LittleMissPlusSize28 December 2014 at 14:08

    They have so many amazing ones to try! Oh I picked that one up too it looks so pretty! I couldn't of bought them at full price so thanks to TK Maxx I was able to stock up! Hope you had a great christmas and thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate it :D XX

    ReplyDelete