Monday 22 December 2014

Christmas & NYE Nailspiration : Party Nails!

DSC00046

Christmas is getting closer and so is NYE so I was thinking about adding a touch of sparkle to my nails. As Christmas is approaching, I have been doing a lot more shopping recently and I came across the perfect set to help me achieve 'party nails'.

DSC00055

Now please don't go thinking that I only use Ciate nail polishes, in fact up until a few months ago I had never tried them! When I was shopping in TK Maxx I came across this lovely set at a discount price of £9.99 for 3 full sizes and thought it would be great for the party season.

DSC00051

DSC00055

This set contains three glitter polishes in 3 amazing colours.

DSC00062

This colour is stunning, a bit salt and pepper. lovely black, silver and grey glitter pieces that look so pretty on there own or would look great as a top coat to jazz up another colour.the colour is brocade parade and I think this would be my NYE party choice.

DSC00059

This colour is so pretty and would look lovely over a pale blue or white/nude nail. I chose to show this colour on its own and it defiantly is build able but to get a full cover it would take 3-4 coats. This will be the colour I would choose between boxing day and NYE. The colour is need for tweed and I also think it would look stunning in the summer months on toes too!

DSC00057

Gold nails? Look no further than meet me in mayfair. A mix of gold, black and white specs that look dazzling on your nails. I am thinking about painting my nails red on Christmas Day and using this as a top coat!

All of these colours are very wearable and defiantly season appropriate. For these looks I did use 3-4 coats but if you were looking for a top coat with something different these would work fine too.

Enjoy the festive season and sparkle into 2015!

Thanks for reading!

Tracy xx

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the Ciate nail varnishes! Make sure you look out for their advent calendar in the sales come January - mine set me back a measly £15 last year I'm still lushing over all their amazing colours!

    C x
    http://curvygirlthin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. LittleMissPlusSize22 December 2014 at 13:45

    Me to! I bought their calendar for this year and they have some great colours and textures, I cannot wait to try them. Thats such a good idea I might do that, I have loved opening mine this year so I will be looking for one for next year. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why but I never quite feel like I can pull off glitter polishes. These are so cute though, I may have to give them a try anyways!


    xx kathryn
    http://www.throughthethicket.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. LittleMissPlusSize22 December 2014 at 13:55

    I generally stay clear of them too, but I do like a bit of sparkle at christmas! Its not so much the glitter its the removal of the glitter polish, or it doesn't sit so smooth on the nails when the chunks are little bigger, but so far so good, I know TK Maxx are selling duo's of their mini polishes for £5.99 I would defiantly check TK Maxx out for Ciate products, they seem to have a load recently. Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete