Sunday 5 October 2014

Trying to learn to Accept!

This week has been very interesting for me, it began with Lulu going for her operation which terrified me but everything went well, there were a few problems but once she was given some pain relief things calmed down, so I was very grateful.

If you have been reading my recent posts you will see that I have been doing a bit of clothes shopping. I always bought new clothes and kept up to date with new styles and fashion, however over the past few months (possibly years) I have lost interest and had a 'why bother' attitude.

With that being said I thought what better way to inspire me to lose weight than to start building up a new wardrobe of clothes. I took some time to buy pieces that I would normally wear but shy away from as I am determained I am going to do the best I can to not let my past reuin my future.

I have bought them in two sizes littler as I thought this was more practical, it is not too much to loose that it would be impossible but can be very practical.

I have neglected getting my hair cut or wearing my make up but this week i decided to book my hair appointment and i have been enjoying exploring my make up again.

Wearing makeup and making an effort on my appearance has been a battle over the last few months, it sounds strange but i felt like I was not worth making an effort for. That makes me sad to think that at 27 I had given up! Not now, I have realised that little things like spending time putting on my make up or experimenting with hairstyles is something I am worth doing. It makes me happy, I do it for me and no one else.

My food has still been an issue, I have not followed an eating plan but I am hoping to fix this in the next few weeks once I start getting into a routine again.

My mind set this week has been a lot more positive and I am trying to be less harsh on myself and learning to be happy in the moment rather than thinking I don't deserve to be happy.

I was looking through Twitter this morning and came across a tweet that said : you don't need the best to be the best, you just need to do the best with what you have got. I think this is going to be a motto I start living by and think we should think about how lucky we are to have what we have got.

The thing about depression is your moods can be up and down, but I am very grateful that at the moment I can see a brighter happier future.

I have stayed away from adding photos of myself on my blog, but I decided that I want this to be my space, an place I can be honest, truthful and not hide away. So I gave myself a challenge of uploading a photo which I have done but I am also going to upload a make up free photo too, so you can see me flaws and all.

FullSizeRender (1)

FullSizeRender (32)

Thank you for reading

Tracy xx

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post.. I'm so glad you're feeling better and I really appreciate your honesty.. you're beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you so much, that's soo nice of you to say. I'm getting there slowly but surely and reading such lovely comments is really uplifting. Thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete