Tuesday 28 October 2014

Boots Makeup Haul!



Autumns here! The dark nights have kicked in and unfortunately my make up bag is living in Summer!



So what better excuse to go shopping and buy some new products. I like my skin to appear matt in the colder months however I do like my skin to look like skin and not make up. I chose to repurchase Rimmel's Match Perfection in 010 Light Porcelain. I love this foundation, the coverage is light/medium and the finish is lovely, you can still see your skin but it helps to blur out imperfections. £6.99

My main reason for repurchasing this foundation is it is one of the few high street brands that offer a pale colour that matches my skin. I am a person who would rather go too light than too dark so this shade is perfect! I am really looking forward to using this again.



Another Rimmel product I absolutely love is their Stay Matte long lasting pressed powder. This again has to be the best high-street/budget powder I have tried. I always purchase this powder in 001 Transparent. This is perfect as you don't have to worry about colour matching and the powder is great at setting your foundation and even touching up through the day if you feel the need to. £3.99



The next product I managed to pick up is Revlons 24 hrs Colorstay foundation in 110 Ivory, I have never tried any Revlon foundations but a lot of people have recommended this foundation for pale skin so I am looking forward to trying this. The only down side is that there is no pump applicator which unfortunately for me generally means I pour more product than I need, but I am sure this will be fine once I get the hang of how much I will be using. £12.49



Whilst I was looking at the foundation I saw their photoready Perfecting Primer, I am a strong believer that primers can make your make up last a lot longer on the skin and also gives a great base for your foundation. I normally use Benefits Professional however that can work out pricey for every day use so I thought I would give this a try. I purchased this in 001 which I assume is the lightest they do. £11.99



I had to pick up another Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in Fair. This stuff is amazing at covering blemishes and dark circles. I have tried many high end concealers bĂșt I still come back to this. It is cheap and cheerful and does the job. This is a make up bag must have for me. £3.99



I decided to try a Revlon Blusher, I chose 002 Haute Pink. The colour looks quite vibrant but when applied delicately I could imagine it looking like a rosy pink. I have never tried their blushers before but I thought I would give them a try. £7.99



I love bright lips, but for everyday especially working in a office it is not always suitable. looking in the make-up isle I was searching for a 'your lips but better' colour when I stumbled upon Loreal Paris Collection Exclusive by Julianne, in the colour Julianne's Nude. It is a lovely pink colour and think it will be perfect to give definition to the lips but not be too in your face to wear at the office. £8.19



Last but not least I picked up a pack of two Models Own beauty blenders. I love applying foundation with these as they make your foundation appear flawless. Mine was looking a bit worse for wear so thought it was time for a new one.

So I hope that might have inspired you to update your autumn makeup. Just to let you know that from October, the last day of every month I am going to be doing  Blogger of the Month feature, keep a look out for the mystery blogger who if all goes well should be appearing here on Friday, I am so excited about this!

Let me know in the comments any of your recommendations and what your looking to purchase this Autumn.

Thanks for Reading

Tracy xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment