Tuesday 14 October 2014

Because you had a bad day!

Untitled-5

So being a 'newbie' blogger, I am learning all the time. This week my site has had a few technical issues, my comments are being spammed and time I have available for blogging has been reduced.

Being a newbie, everything has been exciting and new. So once the newness wears off and the only new things are problems, blogging changes. I have been trying to think about blog posts that people would be interested in reading, what would get the most views, how much my stats are increasing by and how I can receive products to sample and review.

Then I realised, when I created Little Miss Plus Size, it was about me, my voice, my journey through life sharing the products I love! Its not about the highest stats, the most subscribers and the constant advertising of my blog.

My blog is about me, I want my readers to know me and if that means I only have one follower I will be thankful that they know who I am, that they read my posts and they are not just following my blog so they will get a follow in return.

I also have been caught up in the world of blogging and have not spent the time I would like to read my favourite blogs. I have always loved watching Youtube videos from some great beauty gurus, however blogging has shown them in a different light. Its all about numbers, followers and twitter hits. This is a side that you don't see in my opinion when you are a subscriber to there channel.

Recently I have also thought that if I haven't posted that week that I must write a post and I worry that maybes I am not posting as much as I should.

I love blogging (believe it or not after that ramble!) however I just want to let you know how easy it is to get caught up in the blogging world. From now on stats, followers and quick blog posts are going to be a thing of the past.

Quality posts instead of quantity, I want my blog to grow over the years with my experiences and genuine readers, not end up being a number. I want to learn new photography skills as well as writing skills.

Sorry for the not so happy post but I felt I have to let you know how I am currently feeling and hope you will see a change on my blog in the future.

Thanks for reading

Tracy xx

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your blog has been nominated for the Liebster award! Read my nomination and all the rules at www.readourtravelingblog.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. Had the same thought a few weeks ago. I know readers are important, but I choose my topics because they interest me and I don't write post simply because they would interest my readers. I hate when PR agencies reach out to me for 'suitable content campaigns for my readers'. Erm sorry, this is a personal blog which is about me and not a free advertising space.

    It is hard to not get carried away by the numbers and followers. I'm happy if there's one person reading and enjoying what I write and a comment now and again is appreciated, too.

    Caz xxx
    http://lunchbreakadventures.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean! I guess it all comes with experience and when your new you can get swept up in it all and forget why you started. Thanks for commenting :) xx

    ReplyDelete