Wednesday 29 October 2014

My Slimming World Christmas Countdown!

DSC00066

If have read my last post you will know that I have recently (this morning in fact!) joined Slimming World. For weeks now I have been humming and haring about re-joining a Slimming World group but I know that it works, and most importantly it works for me!

Walking through the doors of a new class but I knew that the consultant would be Emily, a consultant whose groups I have attended in the past. I was immediately welcomed with a huge smile and a familiar face.

Emily knows my struggles and seeing as I was the only new member of this group it was more of a 'are you sure your ready?' talk rather than a normal new member talk. It was hard but I was able to tell her about my depression and my issues with food and she was so supportive. Have you ever seen someone just want you to succeed and do well? that's Emily. She is not interested in commission or sales she is all about the person and their journey and that's why I chose to go to one of her groups to re-start my journey.

Now I have been through this before so I know I will have good and bad days so I decided to join with a 12 week countdown, which is simply a commitment to yourself that you will attend group for 12 weeks and you gets a couple of weeks free for doing so.

DSC00071

 

 

I was presented with a Christmas gift tag, a tag that is a chance for you to think and write down your Christmas wish for your weight loss goal between now and Christmas.

DSC00074

This is a great idea, being someone who has almost a whole person to lose in weight the thought of setting a goal can be quite daunting so breaking it down and giving myself a smaller goal is I hope going to be a positive things for me. For myself my wish is to lose 3 stone between now and Christmas, which considering my size should be achievable with a bit of hard work.

DSC00067

Whilst I was in class I picked up there Nov/Dec magazine, now every year whether I am following the plan or not I pick up this magazine as it contains there New yearly calendar which provides great recipes to keep you motivated!

So over the next 12 weeks (at least) I am going to be posting a Slimming World related post to let you know how I am getting on.

If your thinking about starting a eating plan, whether that be Slimming World or not, don't let anything hold you back, people understand what your going through and are only there to offer help and support.

I am always here if your having a bad day or looking for someone to talk to. I hope that you will benefit from these posts as much as I will benefit from your support.

We can do this!

Thank you for reading

Tracy xx

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on rejoining & good luck! :) I joined SW for the first time at the start of October and can't believe how great it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you so much! It's great j love how you can eat normal foods and still lose weight! Good luck on your journey and thank you so much for taking the time to comment :) xx

    ReplyDelete