Sunday 5 October 2014

Lush Christmas & Halloween Haul 2014!

FullSizeRender (9)

So the wait is over, yes Lush have now released their Christmas & Halloween 2014 products and I can safely say they have not disappointed!

I don't know about you but there is nothing better than a cold winter night after a long day and enjoying a hot bath! I have been a fan of Lush ever since I can remember and I love products.

Friday I thought I would have a look on their website and I saw that there new products had been released so first thing Saturday I went shopping to my local store where there were benches dedicated to the new range.

I was pleased to see that a few old favourites were included but also a wide selection on new products to get my hands on. So what better way to share my love for Lush than to let you know about whats available and dream of my wonderful baths that are yet to come.

I love everything about Lush, the friendly staff, the fun atmosphere and there enthusiasm its soo refreshing, they don't force products on you, they just give advice and help if needed.

Now obviously this is just going to be my opportunity to show what is on offer in store and a brief description as I have not tried these products yet to give a review (but I am so excited to have loads of baths!).

Something which caught my eye as soon as I walked in the store was Holly Golightly, a gorgeous glittery (more sparkly) bubble bar. The smell is very refreshing and is described as uplifting and refreshing. I think this may be a good weekend pamper product.

FullSizeRender (30)

A favourite of mine from last year was this little fella, The Christmas Penguin. now I am not sure exactly what a Christmas penguin is but this smells fresh and clean, not overpowering and would be lovely after a hard day Christmas shopping! Again this is a bubble bar. For those of you who are not aware a bubble bar is essentially bubble bath in a solid form. You crumble it under hot running water and they create lovely soft bubbles. Very luxurious!

FullSizeRender (14)

Even though I have been a fan of Lush for sometime, I never really use their bath melts, however this year there was a new one in the collection, Snow Angel. This melt looks so pretty, it is a white angel dipped in gold glitter, looks like it is going to be very indulgent to use. It is meant to be very moisturising so I look forward to using this in the colder months when my skin is a bit dry off the cold weather.

FullSizeRender (28) FullSizeRender (29)

Over previous Christmases I have seen The Melting Snowman, but I have never tried it, until now! He looked soo cute and I could not resist. With almond oil and cocoa butter I'm hoping this will also be very moisturising. Bath melts are added to a nice hot bath to melt away and leave heavily ingredients in the bath that are then soaked up onto your skin.

FullSizeRender (13)

Another favourite from the past is Candy Mountain which is a bubble bar that smells good enough to eat! If you don't like sweet smells then this is not for you, this smells like sweets (funnily enough) and reminds me of Snow Fairy shower gel. Very feminine and lovely to use.

FullSizeRender (12)

I love bubbles but I also love the experience of using a bath bomb! watching them fizz away and some even surprise you by changing colour or including confetti, so when I saw the new bath bombs in the collection I had to give them a try.

Butterbear is a new bath bomb, the smell is very subtle and soft, not heavily fragranced. It smells very comforting and has the same fragrance as the butterball bath bomb.

FullSizeRender (27)

I loved this last year! Luxury Lush Pud bath bomb, it is very colourful and looks great fizzing around your bath. I really enjoy Lush's Twilight bath bomb and Luxury Lush Pud has the same smell.

FullSizeRender (15)

Northern Lights, I was told by the lady in store that this is lovely, apparently it fizzes away at the ends until they meet in the middle. Very excited to try this!

FullSizeRender (23)

Sparkler, If the name was not enough to make me buy and try this it also smells like their Rose Jam scent which I am a huge fan of. This bath bomb fizzes and crackles which sounds amazing and great for bonfire night. Cant wait to try this!

FullSizeRender (7)

Last year I made sure to stock up on Snow Fairy and Rose Jam shower gels so when I saw that they were available this year I thought I would buy a Rose Jam (I love the scent) and try a new release for this year which is So White, this smells like apples, so crisp and clean and I can imagine feeling very clean using this. I think this would be lovely in the morning.

FullSizeRender (18)

I don't know about you, but dry cracked lips are a pain that comes with colder weather. With that being said I like to make sure I keep them hydrated and exfoliated. At the moment I am using Lush's Bubble gum Lip Scrub which I enjoy using. So I decided to try Santa's Lip Scrub for a change as my bubble gum one has been great and thought it would be nice to try a different flavour/scent.

FullSizeRender (26)

My skin has been acting up lately so I am on the look out for a new skin care regime and whilst I was looking in Lush I discovered Bûche de Noël, which is an alcohol free cleanser. The idea is that it brings radiance back to dull skin and includes very seasonal ingredients such as Satsuma and cranberries. I'm not a huge fan of the smell but I'm expecting big things from this cleanser and hoping that it will do the trick.

FullSizeRender (25)

I also decided to pick up the Wizard Bubble bar which is part of their Halloween collection. It is a shimmery bubble bar that aims to help relive stress which can only be a good thing and it smells so good and can not wait to try it.

FullSizeRender (31)

Whilst I was making my way to the till something caught my eye, this lovely orange and gold glistening pumpkin, Sparkly Pumpkin. It just called out to me and jumped in my basket so I had no choice but to buy it (that's my story and I am sticking to it!). However I did end up covered in gold glitter but I can live with that. The smell is very uplifting and you can smell the citrus fruits.

I hope reading or seeing the products in this post inspires you to visit your local Lush store and try out some of these goodies. What would you choose? Have you already tried any and what are your thoughts?

I am off to enjoy a nice bath the only problem is, is which one do I choose?

Thanks for reading

Tracy xx

[gallery type="slideshow" link="none" ids="230,229,228,225,226,227,224,223,222,219,220,221,218,217,216,213,214,215"]

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I love the 'holly' one! So cute and it has such a lovely scent. Nice post :)

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes its lovely, very sparkly, I don't want to use them they look so nice haha. Ah thank you I really appreciate you reading my post and taking the time to comment! Thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete