Friday 31 October 2014

Blogger of the Month!

If you are a regular reader of mine you will know how much I am enjoying blogging and how much it is helping me at the moment. So I thought that although I have my 'Blogs I Love' page I wanted to share with my readers a blog I have been loving for that particular month and share a little bit of info about them.

I want to feature bloggers who have both a large number of subscribers and also those of us who are just started out.

The blog in question?? Prompts By Dee!

dee

Now when I first started out blogging I came across this lovely lady's blog, I really enjoy reading her posts and she always features a mixture between beauty, theatre and life in general.

dee

dee2

Not only is her blog amazing she is also a lovely lady. Being a new blogger I get to speak to a lot of other bloggers and Dee has been someone who has always been there to help or give advice about anything blogging related and also if I have been feeling down etc.

So 'Blogger of the  Month' is a chance to find out a bit more about the person behind the blog, so  I have created a few questions which I will ask each blogger I chose to feature each month.

So lets get started and find out a little more about the lovely Dee from Prompts By Dee!

Name: Dee

Name of your Blog: Prompts by Dee

Website address: www.promptsbydee.co.uk

Blog category: Theatre/Lifestyle

How long have you been blogging for? Nearly 3 months! It's gone so fast!

What inspired you to create your blog?

I'd been reading blogs for ages and loved leaving comments for people, but I started to notice that there weren't many people out that blogged for theatre or at least showed theatre at its most interesting. I had tried to blog in the past, but never lasted more than a couple of weeks because of school or life getting in the way. I've recently finished university so now have the time to blog!

What do you enjoy most about blogging?

I love sharing what I love with other people! There are so many people out there that blog about beauty and fashion, but being able to blog about something as unique as theatre makes a great challenge! I like how you can swap between different ideas such as life, beauty and theatre and no-one judges you! They either like it or they don't. I love the community and the fact that I have made so many friends and had so many people helping me out, not caring that I was a newbie, only that I needed help!

What has been the hardest thing you have found about blogging?

Sometimes deciding what I want to post about because I'm worried about what people will think or seeing people who started at the same time as me and doing so much better. I have to take a step back and tell myself that I need to be less picky with what I do and just do it.

If you could give advice to fellow bloggers trying to increase their followers/subscribers what would it be? What have you found most successful? 

Don't focus on your numbers. If you focus on them, you'll drive yourself mad. If you instead focus on your content and doing what you love, your followers will come.

If you could give someone thinking about starting a blog one bit of advice what would it be?

DO IT! You'll have so much fun and you'll discover skills you didn't know you had! You'll regret not taking the chance to try something new.

How can my readers contact you?

You can usually contact me through my Twitter account @promptsbydee

https://twitter.com/PromptsByDee

Thank you Dee for taking the time to answer my questions and I absolutely love your blog!!

Please go check out Dee and say Hi, let her know that you have came over from Little Miss Plus Size I am sure she would love to chat to new subscribers!

I would like to share with you my favourite post from Dees Blog:

Life | National Chocolate Week (Dee Style!)


chocolatebeauty


This week has been a chocolate lover’s dream as it’s been National Chocolate Week!


When it comes to chocolate, it is both my friend and my enemy. I could easily have a whole bar of dark chocolate to myself and devour it within an hour. Chocolate can be useful for certain occasions like when your blood sugar is a bit low and you need a pick-me-up or you’re not feeling quite yourself and chocolate can make you feel slightly happier. I could have chosen all my favourite actual chocolates, but after seeing the Body Shop Lip Butter, it could got me wondering. What other beauty products have chocolate inspiration?


The Body Shop Lip Butter (on sale for £3)
Essie Chocolate Kisses (£7.99)
Revlon Colourburst Chocolate
Burt’s Bees Blueberry and Dark Chocolate (£3.69)
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Palette (£45)
Ciate Mint Chocolate Nail Polish Remover (£10)


So many of these products I would love to own myself. I might end up making a sneaky purchase of the Burt’s Bees and the Body Shop Lip Butter. It might be one way of stop my actual chocolate cravings!


What chocolate beauty products have you brought/would love to buy?


signature


I hope you like this new feature and thank you for reading!

Tracy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment