Sunday 31 May 2015

Who am I going to be Today?

Untitled-2

Butcher, baker or even candlestick maker? Ok so maybes not but over the past couple of weeks I have been sharing on social media my business ideas etc. My friends that follow my personal Facebook account might think I have just about lost the plot! Each day I wake up and discuss with my Mam my ideas and she simply puts her hands in her head and just bites her tongue.

When I was growing up my favourite place was a craft store or a stationary shop, still to this day I have a pile of notebooks that I refuse to write in incase I mess them up!  The other day I looked through my notebooks and found a brand new filofax with 2013 diary inserts untouched!

Anyhow I am going off track (not like me at all!), as I was saying, my Mam always kept introducing me to different crafts and hobbies and I always thought that when I 'grew up' I would have a job doing something creative.

When I left school I had no idea about what I wanted to do or how I would get there. I studied Art & Design in six form, went on holiday in the summer and came back wanting to be a holiday rep or travel agent!!

After studying travel and tourism for 3 years I realised that (eventually) I wanted to do something more creative as a career. This is when I was introduced to graphic design.

I had an amazing tutor during my first two years, then once I started my degree things started to change for me. I wasn't enjoying the course and hearing about how most Graphic Designers work freelance  made me re-think my future. I had bills to pay and knew that I needed a steady, secure income for my future.

I was already working part time at this point in a local social club and in a office job and decided to take the offer of a permeant office job instead of continuing my studies any further.

I have created many blogs in the past and I simply was not committed and they sort of fizzled away until last September (it has been 8 months already!) I created Little Miss Plus Size.

This allowed me to do so many things, I was able to share with you my experience going through the worst part of my life, share my weight loss struggles, my beauty finds and about living a plus sized life. This gave me a place to be creative again, creating a logo, my website and not to mention developing my photography skills. liz earle

This was one of my very first pictures I took for my blog and looking back my photography skills have improved, hopefully you agree!

logo12

Untitled-10

 

As you can see my logo has changed over my time blogging and  in my opinion my skills have developed and changed over 8 months, and who knows it might even be completely different 8 months from now.

So blogging has helped channel my creativity and I have always accepted the fact that I would work a 9-5 (if you know me sometimes its more like 8-3!) and thats all I am good enough for, until now!

I have tried a little bit of social media management and really enjoyed it, until it made me want my own business! Now going from wanting to be a ballerina when I was young (yes you heard right, a ballerina!) to dabbling in art and design, travel and tourism & graphic design I in all honesty had no idea what I wanted to do, I think I texted my friend Jen a new business idea and plan every other day.

I have went from web design, bath bombs, jewellery design, fashion, you name it and I have thought about it.

If your a blogger, then you will understand how great it is trying to get the right photography to go with your blog posts, sometimes its even the accidental shots that are the best. I used to use a simple point and shoot for my blog photos but I am so excited to let you know that I am now a proud owner of a DSLR!

I have never had an expensive camera, and to be honest you do not need one to blog. I really wanted to get into photography a bit more and learn some new techniques. I have touched on photography in the past during my time studying but there are so many things I want to learn.

So your now wondering what has my DSLR got to do with my business idea! You know how passionate I am about my dog, Lulu and she is a huge part of my family (even though she is tiny!) so I had a brainwave, yes you guessed it, I am currently in the process of setting up a pet photography business!!

I am so excited and even have a few pictures up already on my Facebook page. Now I am not saying that if you buy a camera and have a pet that you can be a pet photographer (well technically you can!), it takes hard work, taking unique shots and capturing a animals personality. This is going to be a very long process as I plan on making it a hobby until I feel that I am able to take pictures that I would be proud to sell. At the moment I am in the process of setting up a website and arranging free photography sessions with clients.

I am also in the process of setting up a blog/website dedicated to my love of stationary and planners, I wanted to keep this separate from Little Miss Plus Size as I understand that if you are a regular reader interested in beauty and plus size fashion then this might not be for you.

So I am so looking forward to my two new projects and between them, Little Miss Plus Size and my job I should be quite busy!

People might laugh, might say that you can't and even pull you down, but let that be what drives you! We live in a world where we can be whatever we want to be! Nobody said its going to be easy but if you really want to do something then you can do it with hard work and dedication.

I know that this has been a long winded ramble but I just wanted to let you know what is currently happening and re-assure those of you that know me that I am not going mad!

Thanks for Reading

Tracy xx

2 comments:

  1. I am really exited to hear about your awsome plans! I know accecly what you mean by not knowing who you want to be. I am currently finishing my course in brand design and just don't feel like starting a career right know, It took me a really long time to decide to start at a new course again ( at a uni at the other side of the country, quite scary but exiting) I hope your dog photography business will become really succesful! and i am really looking forward to see your stationary blog coming up as i enjoy this blog so much already! I really like how you showed the transission of your blog over the past year! ( as a fellow design student) xxx lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Its really difficult when you don't really know what you are wanting to do especially when we live in a world where everyone needs to make discussions so young about there future! I do believe that things happen for a reason and if we don't do something naturally then we are nudged in the right direction!


    Thank you so much, I am really excited about it and if I can make a career out of it I would be over the moon!
    I am soo excited about my stationary blog, not to sure on which direction it will go down but I can always try :-)


    Thank you for your lovely comment, I genuinely really appreciate it!! Hope you are well, xxx

    ReplyDelete