Monday 11 May 2015

OOTW: Bank Holiday Look ft A Kimono!

Untitled-1

I love Kimonos! Never actually worn one but love the idea of a 'fashionable' cover up besides plan black cardigans and jackets. I also love how it is a fashion that suits all ages and sizes! (even my Nanna is into the trend!)

With the next bank holiday creeping up I thought what better time to share an outfit that I think would be great for a bank holiday spent out having a few drinks through the day time, but could also see you through to the evening when people tend to be a little more put together.

Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 18.15.40


I first saw this Floral Fringed Kimono a while ago and loved it! If you know me then you will know that I love florals! Especially on a dark background. What I like most about this is that it is not too in your face and could be worn both in the spring, summer and autumn and the fringing just adds something extra (would also be great for festivals!).


This Kimono is from Simply Be and costs £25 which is very reasonable!


Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 18.18.46


You could quite easily just put a plain black cami under the Kimono, but I love this Nude (website says bright pink!) strappy back layered one from New Look Inspire rangeand costs £14.99!


Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 18.17.44


I love cigarette style trousers as they always look very smart but when I seen that New Looks Inspire range had these Black Zip Front Slim Leg Trousers for £19.99, I thought they looked just as nice. If you wanted you could tuck the front of the cami into the trousers to show off the lovely gold hardware!
Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 18.24.41


I always go for black shoes, I think that they look smarter but thats just my personal taste! I love these Sole Diva Platform Sandals from Simply Be and they are available in Black and nude, even better!


For all the more fashionable ladies out there I thought I would choose to show the nude option, they are also available in wide fitting so comfy feet on the dance floor! £35.00.


Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 18.35.04


When I go out (if I go out!) I am know for carrying a 'big' little bag as I take everything with me (sometimes you can't be too prepared!)


So when I seen this Black Textured Cross Body Bag from River Island I thought that it would be perfect because although it is small you could still fit a lot of items in it! It can be carried as a clutch or worn over the shoulder to be hands free! I love River Island bags, they can be expensive at £20.00 but they do last!


Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 18.28.46


Finally I thought that this Long Chain Necklace from TopShop gave the outfit an effortless look as it is very simple but pulls the outfit together, quite handy for £12.50!



So that is my Bank holiday look featuring a Kimono, what will you be wearing the next bank holiday? Which is your favourite item shown above?


I just want to say a huge thank you for all the support for my last post, I was overwhelmed by friends, family and readers responses!


If you could please like my Facebook Page and share that would be great as it is a new page and I am updating regularly!


Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/littlemissplussize?ref=hl



Thanks for Reading!


Tracy xx



 

3 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! I've never worn a kimono either but I really like the look of them!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete