Monday 11 May 2015

The Most Important Thing Your Body Needs!

DSC00104

Anyone who knows me will tell you that all I ever previously would drink would be Pepsi Max, a drink with no calories, no sugar and a whole lot of chemicals!

Now the odd can or glass is fine but I honestly used to drink over 2 litres a day! Yes thats right, I never really drank much tea or coffee never mind water!

I am currently being re-educated when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle and my biggest change so far is that I have quit the Pepsi Max and fizzy drinks and replaced it with the most important thing your body needs, water!

At first I found it extremely hard as I was trying to break a habit and I was craving the caffeine I was missing from Pepsi Max. I have been off Pepsi Max and on water for four weeks now and I am seeing huge benefits from it.

The biggest change for me is my skin! I love trying new skincare and finding a skincare regime that works for me. If you read any of my previous skincare related posts you will hear me talk about my dry flaky patches on my nose, guess what, they have gone now! I strongly believe that this is down to me drinking around 2-3 litres of water a day! My skin must have been so in need of hydration and by drinking water my skin has re-balanced! It is also looking a lot clearer too.Drinking water and healthy/clean eating is a huge factor.

Switching from a fizzy drink to water immediately makes you feel less bloated and even though your weight may have not changed you feel slimmer and less bogged down, now this may come instantly or take a little longer. For me being extremely overweight I felt and noticed a difference instantly in how it made me feel.

Water is great for boosting your metabolism as it makes you feel full which in turn stops you over eating. I have found that having a glass of water or even a drink of water before each meal really helps as it allows you to stop eating when you are full.

If your dehydrated and feeling a little tired or down, try having a glass of water! Water helps the blood carry oxygen to the cells in our body which in turn re-hydrates us and picks us up, obviously your not going to be bouncing around but it does pick you up.

Did you know that drinking water helps prevent muscle cramping and lubricates joints in the body? If you do exercise regular make sure you keep hydrated, if you keep hydrated you will be able to exercise longer and stronger without cramping.

And finally, water is great for digestion! It helps dissolve waste particles and pass them smoothly through your digestive tract which helps flush and detox your body and do what it needs to do!

I know your reading this thinking water isn't that great! It is! Along with healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle it is essential to maintaining or creating a healthy body and mind inside and out!

I am not saying drink water and only water, but try to add it into your current lifestyle, any amount you drink is better than none!

Do you already drink a lot of water? Have you seen any benefits?

Screen-Shot-2015-05-12-at-05.51.24

If you are getting a little board of plain water why not try adding lemon or lime slices, cucumber also works really well to!

Did you know I am now on Facebook? If you would like to visit and like my page it would mean a lot! https://www.facebook.com/littlemissplussize


Thanks for Reading

Tracy xx

3 comments:

  1. I've been getting into the habit of drinking water for almost 2 weeks now! Like you, I was constantly drinking pepsi, coke- any kind of pop! At first when I stopped drinking it I would get massive headaches that lasted for 3 days sometimes! It was horrible. Now I find myself reaching for water over anything else now!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love a bit of lemon in mine! X

    Glam night look over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! My favourite is cucumber slices! Xx

    ReplyDelete