Wednesday 13 May 2015

Get Lost Cancer! Race For Life 5k 2015!

race-for-life-banner

Throughout my adult life I have seen the effects of cancer and how it effects the people & there families.

When I was 18 I lost both my Nanna & Granda to cancer and it is such a terrible thing to watch your loved ones go through.

Last year my auntie was diagnosed with cancer but I am pleased to say that after receiving treatment she is now all clear and on the mend.

Unfortunately we will all be affected by cancer, we know loved ones we have lost and also people close to us who are currently effected.

If you have read my previous blog posts then you will be aware that lately I have struggled with simple things like walking! For the past 5 weeks I have been trying to turn my lifestyle around and adopt some healthy eating habits as well as regular exercise and I am loving it! Yes I have good and bad days but the main thing is that I am improving day by day.

Last year I took part in Race for Life and it was a struggle at times, If I never had two amazing friends by my side I honestly don't think I would have made it!

The day of the race is very emotional, so many people have there own stories and their own personal reasons for taking part. I was one of the very last group of people around the course and once I got to the end I cried! I made it! If I can do it then absolutely anybody can!

So this year I aim to do better than last year but just taking part is good enough for me. I have just over 8 weeks before the event so I am hoping to continue my exercise and healthy eating so I will be prepared for the day.

I currently use my Fitbit Charge to track my steps, distance, calories and sleep so if you are a fitbit user feel free to add me as a friend, Tracy Hewison!

I would love your support in anyway possible, either by sponsoring me over on my Just Giving page or by simply spreading the word by liking and sharing on social media!

Just Giving Page : https://www.justgiving.com/tracyhewison5

If your sitting reading this and think that it is something you want to do but don't think your able, do it! If I can then so can you and I am sure you will have a great day to! Lets do our part and help fight cancer and find a cure!

Are you taking part this year? Let me know your tips and techniques for the big day!

Thanks for Reading

Tracy xx

 

4 comments:

  1. This is such an inspirational post! Cancer is an ugly thing. GOOD FOR YOU for turning your life around, the smallest changes can make big differences. Awesome job girl! XO -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I know it effects most us at some point in our life, one way or another. I am trying and have some AMAZING people around me so fingers crossed!


    Thank you for taking the time to comment I really appreciate it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very best of luck in the race! I recently lost an aunt to cancer, and it makes me so sad that there still isn't a cure, and pretty much everyone has lost someone to it :( x

    ♥.•*¨ AmandaSays ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I am so sorry to hear that, hope you and your family are ok! Cancer is a horrible illness and I hope that there will he a cure in the future xx

    ReplyDelete