Tuesday 5 May 2015

Origins Face Mask Review!

DSC00046

Over the years I have read many blogs and watched loads of Youtubers rave about Origins, the skincare brand so I thought that it was about time to give them a go to see what all the fuss was about.

Origins offer a wide range of products ranging from bath & body to make-up, and one thing I am a little obsessed with is skincare so I thought why not start there!

Personally I always think that if a brand offers face masks, then that is the best place to start to get a feel of the brand as generally they show results quicker than maybes a moisturiser or spot treatment and who doesn't enjoy a pamper now and again!

Origins offer a wide range of face masks to try but back in December when I saw a trio of there most popular masks I thought it was a perfect opportunity to give them a go!

The three masks are Drink Up-Intensive overnight mask, Clear Improvements active charcoal mask & Out of Trouble 10 minute mask.

DSC00058

My skin tends to be quite dry over my nose area and a little oily everywhere else so I was intrigued to try their Drink Up-Intensive overnight mask as I thought it might have been too rich for my skin.

DSC00060

The mask itself  is quite a rich texture and once applied your skin immediately feels nourished. It does take time to fully sink into the skin but seeing as this mask is an overnight treatment by the morning your simply left with plump hydrated skin with no oily residue.

This mask has a hint of a peach fragrance but defiantly not overpowering and is actually very subtle. You are advised to use this mask twice weekly however I just find that using it when my skin is feeling dry or tight is enough for me personally.

DSC00061

At £23 for 100mls it is a little on the pricey side however if you do suffer with dry skin I would defiantly give this a go!

DSC00052

This next mask has got to be my favourite! Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask, although I am in my late twenties I still suffer with acne! Over the past few months I have seen an incredible difference to my skin due to my dietary changes and also drinking more water, yet I still have acne even though it is not as drastic as before I still like to use products that are designed to help clear your skin.

DSC00055

This clear improvements mask is lovely to use, it is a thick dark grey clay that you apply to either your whole face or just the area that you have the most open pores and blemishes. I don't know about you but there is something very satisfying about applying a mask that then sets to a dry clay.

You apply this mask either all over or on your problem areas, wait until the clay fully drys or sets on your face and then remove with a cloth/sponge and warm water. The charcoal in this mask acts like a magnet and draws out all the impurities in your pores. I personally love this mask and love the application, what I will say is that if your skin is on the drier side then follow with a very good moisturiser as when the mask does draw out impurities it can leave your skin drier and if you already have dry skin then a good moisturiser would defiantly be good to follow on with.

DSC00056

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask costs £23 for 100mls or £12 for 50mls. Me personally, I think it is worth the money and out of all three face masks this would be my favourite that I would re-purchase again and again. If your unsure but still want to try it then the 50ml size would be great as this tube has lasted me ages as a little goes a long way!

DSC00064

Finally the last of the three masks I have tried is Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask, this is a great mask if you feel like your skin needs help to maintain a clear healthy look and make sure that your skin is rid of anything that could potentially cause an outburst on your your face.

DSC00066

This mask contains amazing ingredients such as Zinc Oxide, sulphur and Camphor which help to sink into the skin and also calm troublesome areas. This mask helps to get rid of the oil/shine on your skin as well as removing dead skin cells and anything that could cause a potential breakout.

I tend to use this mask once a week and find that it works great in my skincare regime alongside the charcoal mask as they both help to fight against any potential impurities.

You simply apply the cream to your face and neck and as the name suggests you leave it on for ten minutes. This is an very thick mask and stays white on the skin until rubbed in.

DSC00068

This mask costs £23 for 100mls and if you don't have any major issues with problematic skin but want to help prevent problems occurring then this is a great mask to try.

Have you tried any Origin products, if so what do you recommend I try? Have you tried any of these masks, if so what is your favourite?

I hope that this has gave you a little more information on these products and would love to know your thoughts!

If you haven't already please Like and share my Facebook page Little Miss Plus Size

https://www.facebook.com/littlemissplussize?ref=hl

and follow me on Instagram at little0miss0plus0size

https://instagram.com/little0miss0plus0size/

I would really appreciate it!

Thanks for Reading

Tracy xx

2 comments:

  1. Urgh spots! Definitely going to have a go at the charcoal mask after reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Its really good! defiantly worth a try!! Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

    ReplyDelete