Monday 18 May 2015

Is It Wrong For A Plus Size Blogger To Want To Lose Weight?

Screen-Shot-2015-05-18-at-21.35.44

For as long as I can remember I have always been bigger than the average person, all the way through my childhood I was the biggest girl in school and the same continued through my adult life. Although I was a big person I was still fit and healthy. Now I know that some of you will be reading this thinking that, thats impossible, Its not and it wasn't.

I was always on the move, juggling two jobs and college as well as exercise classes and walking daily. I was a plus size girl who was happy, healthy and unstoppable! If anyone said that my weight would hold me back in life I would completely disagree!

Back then I was about a size 20-22, still a large person but I was still able to do everything in my day to day life plus more! As the years went on, I settled in one job, I started driving and made less time to be active so my weight slowly increased and my fitness levels started to decrease.

I would say that over the last three years I have been at my biggest and living with depression only made it harder to lose weight or feel like being more active.

I came up with the name of my blog because I have always been a plus size woman and thought the irony or including 'little' in the name suited me and my humour.

Now why would someone be a plus size blogger and want to lose weight? Surely that defeats the object, right? Actually no it doesn't. Although the plus size industry is a lot more accepted today and there is a industry targeted towards us, plus size clothing generally starts at a size 14!

At the moment I find clothes shopping daunting and until a few weeks ago my physical fitness levels were shocking! Am I contradicting myself, wanting to blog about my life as a plus size lady who is still working on my body and weight? No!

Health and mindset are key to being happy in your body shape whatever your size. You could be a size 16 or 32 and still love your curves and your body and why not! I am 100% for promoting happy healthy plus size woman, who wouldn't? But I do feel that there is a difference between being a woman who owns her own body and size to a woman who is trapped by her own body and size.

A blogger in particular who is a girl after my own heart is Georgina Grogan, an amazing plus size blogger who owns it! being plus size has never stopped her from wearing the latest trends and showing the world that woman of a plus size can still look amazing too! (Watch this space for a very special interview post coming soon!)

So at the moment I am eating clean as possible and exercising between 3-4 times a week in order to change my life around and live a happy, healthy life in the future.

Yes my main goal is to lose weight as it has a huge impact on my health but do i strive to be a size 10? No absolutely not, I know that it has more to do with how healthy you are compared to what the scales say. Would I ever want to be a size 10? Yes if that is the result of changing my lifestyle. Do I think I would be happy at a size 22-24? Of course! Size is a number, as long as your fit and healthy that is all that truly matters!

I have recently joined Instagram and Facebook and looking at all the amazing pictures and pages within the plus size community just makes me so happy, when I was growing up there was no such thing so knowing that there are amazing inspirational woman as role models is a huge change in times.

If you would like me to share my recipes and my journey into fitness please let me know in the comments below. I know that the thought of going to a boxercise class was very daunting but I did it! So if I can then anyone can!

My name is Tracy, Little Miss Plus Size and I 100% support happy, healthy plus size women!

Thanks for Reading

Tracy xx

9 comments:

  1. I agree that everyone should strive toward their own goal and a body in which they feel comfortable. I find it really sad how in some parts of the internet girls are being shunned for not having perfectly weight training sculpted bodies. I wish everyone would just chill and let everyone do their own thing.

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with wanting to lose weight so long as you're aiming to do so in a healthy way (e.g. not promoting diet pills, starvation diets, or giving eating disorder tips like what to eat so you can throw up easier, etc). I'm losing weight, healthily and slowly, so that I can have a healthier pregnancy (doctor's recommendation). If anyone's got a problem with you, me, or anyone else wanting/trying to lose weight, it's just that, *their* problem :) Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! As cliché as it sounds, everyone is beautiful in there own way! I know, but thanks to the plus size community things have changed and we know have plus size models and role models and brands are taking note! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to lose a little weight in order to feel healthier and happier!! You go girl! :)

    I would definitely love to see recipe posts and fitness updates as I am currently working on losing a bit of weight myself!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope you should loose weight or stay the same weight, whatever makes YOU happy. I am plus size and a blogger but I am not a plus size blogger. I never bring my weight into it to be honest. You just need to focus on what you want out of life and if it is to be healthy then good luck to you. It's hard though as I well know. I have not long joined slimming world and I love that diet and hit the gym around 4-5 times a week at the moment. I feel so much better for it too :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really, really great. I appreciate your honest transparency and wish you the best of luck and health and happiness on your future endeavors! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I try to be as honest as possible with my readers :) Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a really great and inspirational post! Thank you for opening up :)

    Amber
    amberbutbetter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you and I am pleased you liked it! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

    ReplyDelete