Friday 19 September 2014

Now thats Handy!

photo 1 (4)

Ok so I'm sorry about the cheesy heading but as the weathers getting a bit colder, this is the time I start to notice my hands getting a bit drier so I thought I would share with you the products I will be reaching for to help turn my dry hands into soft smooth ones.

The first product I would like to mention is from Soap & Glory, I constantly like the feeling of clean hands so I always carry a hand sanitizer with me. I  have used many brands in the past but most tend to be drying and have either a unpleasant or very alcohol based smell. I discovered 'Hand Maid' from Soap & Glory.  Firstly the smell is very pleasant, not sickly or over powering but still gives you the feeling that it is able to kill germs and clean your hands. The smell is described as fresh, fruity and floral and I have to agree, it has not got on specific smell it just smells clean and feminine. I also find that Hand Maid does not dry out your skin too much, obviously antibacterial gels do contain alcohol which can be very drying on the skin but I find that Soap & Glory have got the balance perfect and its not too drying on the hands. This will forever be my handbag must have!

 

hand maid

I am the type of person who always likes clean hands, they need to feel clean. So the thought of using hand cream is not my favourite beauty regime. I have tried many in the past and found them too thick or greasy and have to wait ages for them to sink in, by this time I want to re-wash my hands to get rid of the product!

So when I found out that L'Occitane made a lighter version of there shea butter ranges I thought I might as well give it a try. The hand cream in question is L'Occitane Amande smooth hands. I love there almond range so I was not disappointed however the fragrance is different to there almond oil but still just as nice. The cream contains almond milk which is known for it softening properties.

locitane

I find that a little goes a long way and I apply it just when I feel like my hands are feeling a little dry. The formula is light and sinks into the skin perfectly. Its amazing.

With that being said I do love the feeling of soft hands and even though I do apply hand cream it is a light version and sometimes my skin just needs a bit more. As I don't like the feeling of thicker creams but still need the moisturising benefits I have found that I am able to use a thicker cream at night. I love Soap & Glory products and always pick them up when they are on 3 for 2 at boots, this is where I came across 'Hand Food'. My original intention was to use this as my daily cream but I found it too thick (this is purely personal others have said its fine) so instead of giving up on it I decided to start using it in the evening. I apply a generous layer and then pop on my cotton moisturising gloves and this allows the cream to sink in and I don't have to have greasy hands. In the morning I am left with soft smooth hands. Hand Food also has some great ingredients including shea butter, macadamia oil and marshmallow (yes marshmallow)! The smell to me has that classic soap and glory smell and is very pleasant.

hand food

So I hope I gave you a little bit of help to combat the cold this winter.

Thanks for reading

Tracy xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same with hand sanitiser, I use a citrus one. I love Hand Food, I don't find it too thick for me so I use it in the daytime mainly, but that's a great idea to put gloves over it! Need to try the L'Occitane creams too :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah everyone I know loves hand food so I know its just me that finds it thick lol. L'Occitane creams are lovely and nourishing so I was pleased they have a lighter formula. The gloves feel a bit strange at first but the results are worth it. :) Thank you for taking the time to read my post :) xx

    ReplyDelete