Friday 19 September 2014

Colder days are Coming!

 

face

If you have had look at my previous post you'll see that I am aware that the colder months are soon going to be upon us. With that being said I thought I would share with you some of the skincare products that I find useful during these months (obviously I use some all year round too).

dace-2
1) Liz Earle Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask- I love Liz Earle products, I like that the ingredients used are very natural. This mask includes shea butter, rose scented geranium essential oil and a few other amazing ingredients. This masks purpose is to soothe and rehydrate the skin and it does exactly that. I apply a generous amount to my face and neck and then leave for 10-15 minutes before removing with a damp muslin cloth. If my skin is feel extra dry sometimes I leave it on over night then any product that needs to be removed is done so in my morning skincare routine. I enjoy using this product and find that it doesn't break me out and I am left with soft smooth skin. The smell is a non offensive rose smell and is not too over powering. Great product.

2) Benefit's It's Potent eye cream - As I am getting older it is becoming more apparent that eye cream is important. Out of all beauty products that I use I find eye creams to be the most tedious, I know I have to use them but I find them the least enjoyable to use. I don't particularly have sensitive eyes but I am sceptical about using products on the eye area. A while ago I bought a travel size gift set from Benefit that included their 'Its Potent' eye cream. I enjoy using this cream at night, that way it has enough time to sink in and I wont then be adding make up on top. It is a nice product and it hydrates the eye area nicely. Worth getting a sample if you are sceptical.

3)Benefit Moisture Prep Toning Lotion- As I have previously mentioned I had bought a travel size of the Benefit skincare range and this is another product I have been using. I have only been using a small amount on a cotton pad and then apply to my face and neck. Now depending on my skin needs I may just use this in the evening during my night time routine.

4) L'Occitane Amande Foot Care - After my experience with the hand cream in the same range I started to use the matching foot cream. After summer my feet tend to need a bit of looking after, so during the winter months I like to keep my feet just as moisturised. This also contains almond milk and has the same smell as the matching hand cream. I tend to use moisture socks when I apply this cream as this allows it to soak in and in the morning I'm left with lovely soft feet.

5) Sudocrem - So this is a 'nappy cream' I hear you say, yes it is but its soo much more. All my life my mam has been a fan of Sudocrem in fact in our house it was nicknamed 'magic cream'. There was never anything that this cream could not heal. As I have got older I still use this mainly for spots but during the cooler months its good to use for cold sores. The only downside is that it is very drying but that is how it helps clear up sores or spots.

6) Balmi lip balm - One thing that is almost impossible to avoid is dry lips in the colder months. I love this lip balm to throw in my bag and top up when I feel like I need too. The fruity smell also makes it very enjoyable to use and it hydrates the lips. If you were looking for something more nourishing I would recommend Carmex, I use that on an evening but my Balmi does me throughout the day.

7) Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser - I bought this moisturiser as I have used it in the past and enjoyed it, I picked up the Dry/Sensitive option which I was a mistake as previously I used the Normal/Combination option. I love this product however it has been too thick for me during the summer months but I'm hoping it will be perfect for the winter as my skin is exposed to the cold weather. Again there are some great ingredients such as avocado oil and natural vitamin E. If you were not wanting to splash out on a moisture mask, if you apply a generous layer of this and leave either over night or a couple of hours you will get a similar effect to a mask.

So hopefully I will be able to keep dry skin at bay this winter. Hope this has helped!

Thanks for reading

 

Tracy xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment