Thursday 1 January 2015

Sleek Make-up Review!!



So, a while ago now I was doing a bit of shopping in Tesco where I found myself (don't know how it happened really) attracted to the beauty isle. Now my Tesco has really gone to town with the refurbishment and there beauty department is now in line with a department store!

DSC00211

I have heard a lot of people talk about Sleek, a make up brand that is a bit more on the affordable side. So when I discovered that Tesco were now selling the brand I thought that I would give them try.

So I decided to pick up a eye shadow palette, a blush palette and a bronze block.

DSC00214

Firstly I love blusher, and I love my Urban Decay Flushed Palette but it is a bit price so I tend to use it on special occasions, so when I seen this palette I thought that it was something that I wanted to try.

This is the 'Blush By 3' palette in the 'Pink Lemonade' option £9.99. The palette has two powder blushes and one cream blush, I personally prefer powder but this cream blusher is very blend able.

The colours you get in this palette are Pink Mint, Macaroon and Icing Sugar. All very wearable and very pigmented, I was very impressed and Pink Mint is now an everyday favourite of mine!

DSC00217

I love eyeshadow palettes, and with all those amazing high end pallets being released its hard not to go out and buy them all, if only I were rich! So I now try and find alternatives on the high street so when I found this mineral based eye shadow palette from Sleek it jumped into my trolley, oops!

DSC00216

I used these shadows for my Christmas night out, and they lasted all night, they never creased and the pigmentation is amazing. I always use a eye primer first and I love how there are both shimmer and matt shades. This is there Storm palette £7.99, very neutral with a little bit of something special. I am extremely impressed with the quality and I was able to create a gorgeous smokey eye for Christmas!

DSC00218

I have always wanted to try the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks, but unfortunately I could not justify paying such a lot for a blusher, I would if I could afford it but on my budget its impossible so when I was looking at the blushes this caught my eye.

Now its not a copy of the shimmer brick but the concept is the same. This is the Sleek Bronze Block in the shade Light £7.49. This is a great quad and contains a deep bronzer, a medium and a light bronzer and a baby/dusky pink blush.

DSC00219

You can either swirl your blush brush to pick up all four shades to give you a healthy glow or if you use a smaller brush you can go in and pick out the colours individually.

I really enjoy using this palette and the pigmentation is great, I am however a little heavy handed so I tend to use this very lightly and build up to save me looking over done!

If you have never tried Sleek make up before I would defiantly recommend them. Try them out in store before you buy and I think that they are a great high street alternative to more high end products.

Have you tried the brand before? What would you recommend?

Thanks for Reading

Tracy xx

 

6 comments:

  1. Ohh the Blush Palette is very cute! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I love the packaging!


    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. LittleMissPlusSize3 January 2015 at 13:26

    Its really pretty and the colours are so wearable too! Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LittleMissPlusSize3 January 2015 at 13:28

    Thank you! Me too, for a drugstore brand both the products and packaging are great for the price. Happy New year and thank you so much for taking the time to comment :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Sleek products, yet to try the cheek palettes but I love the eyeshadow palettes, especially oh so special because it has a lovely range of shades :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  6. LittleMissPlusSize4 January 2015 at 12:31

    I have been really impressed with the brand and can't wait to try more of there products, just had a look at the Oh so special palette and there are some gorgeous colours in there. Thanks for commenting :) I really appreciate it & hope your well! xx

    ReplyDelete