Tuesday 27 January 2015

My Top 5 Favourite Concealers!

CONCEALER

I love finding a concealer that just works, covers blemishes or dark circles so I thought I would share with you my favourite concealers that I use on a daily basis but most importantly, work!

DSC00348 DSC00350

1) When YSL first released their Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Highlighting Pen I knew that I had to try it! This is a highlight/concealer. The consistency is thin enough to not settle in fine lines and wrinkles but thick enough to cover dark circles. As the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Highlighting Pen costs £25 I tend to save it for evenings out or special occasions.


DSC00344 DSC00346


2) Seeing as the YSL Touche Eclat is a bit on the pricey side I decided to try the L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique, exactly the same concept as the YSL concealer and a great dupe for £8.49! I use the shade 01 Light.


DSC00340 DSC00342


3) This has to be the most talked about affordable concealer on the market! Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, great for covering blemishes and hides redness, can be used under the eyes however the formula is a little thicker so I tend to just use it to get rid of those pesky spots and at £3.99 its worth a try at least!


DSC00336 DSC00338


4)Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer. This has to be my latest and, as you can see from the images my most loved concealer to date! It covers blemishes, hides redness and I can also use this under my eyes and it doesn't not settle in my fine lines or look cakey! I love the application, the consistency and it lasts well over blemishes to and is £7.99


CON2 CONCEAL1


5) I sometimes in the summer use Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation, so I picked up their matching concealer to at the time. Now this conceal helps to cover blemishes and redness but also has illuminating properties too. It isn't as thin as the YSL & L'Oreal one but not as thick as the Collection concealer. This is a conceal that I reach for during the spring summer and costs £5.49!


So there you have it, my top 5 concealers, I hope this has maybes inspired you to try thm or even helped you discover a new concealer!


Please let me know in the comments below if you are enjoying these type of posts and if you would like more then please subscribe to my blog, it would make my day!


Thanks for Reading!


Tracy xx



20 comments:

  1. Rimmel's wake me up & the Collection concealer's are staples in my make-up collection! They're both amazing & absolute bargains.. really can't complain at all!

    http://smallandblondex.blogspot.co.uk/



    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the Eraser Eye daily! Love it!


    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Collection concealer! Too bad it isn't sold in the U.S.


    xo, Norah
    norahcoughlinxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the rimmel concealer too and it instantly brightens up my undereyes! You should try LA girl pro concealer it's so good!xx

    www.perks0fbeingnazia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Concealer is just a staple makeup item! I feel like everyone needs a good one in their collection :) I really want to try the Rimmel one.
    - C

    Claudine Converses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chic and Alluring27 January 2015 at 23:17

    Can you believe that I only started using concealer last summer? Lol. My most favorite is Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch! It's the best concealer I've ever used.
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Maybelline and Collection one but the Rimmel one is too dark even with the lightest shade so i was disappointed, even though everyone says they love it, lovely post xxx


    i would love for you to come check my blog out www.chelseaabbott.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad, I haven't tried any of these! Need to change that!

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use the collection one currently but I really want to try the maybelline one too, I'm just rubbish with shades ;)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  10. LittleMissPlusSize31 January 2015 at 10:35

    I love the Collection concealer as it is a great product and so affordable too! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LittleMissPlusSize31 January 2015 at 10:36

    Ah no!! it is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. LittleMissPlusSize31 January 2015 at 10:36

    Me too, I wasn't so keen when I saw it in stores but defiantly pleased I tried it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LittleMissPlusSize31 January 2015 at 10:37

    Thank you for the recommendation I will defiantly have a look at that concealer, love trying new ones out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. LittleMissPlusSize31 January 2015 at 10:38

    Ever since I was a teenager I have swore by concealer, once you have the right application technique down, concealer can literally hide the worst blemishes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. LittleMissPlusSize31 January 2015 at 10:40

    Really? I can only assume that your skin must be in such good condition that you have never needed to use it. I love drugstore concealers and when you find a great one its even better :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. LittleMissPlusSize31 January 2015 at 10:41

    I find that too with the rimmel concealer thats why I tend to use it more in the summer months, slough if I use it under my pale foundation it seems to work also :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. LittleMissPlusSize31 January 2015 at 10:42

    Defiantly I'd recommend the Collection one first as its cheap, cheerful and effective :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. LittleMissPlusSize31 January 2015 at 10:43

    I know what you mean, I think with both concealer and foundation, the drugstore shade range is what lets a brand down as the formulas are usually great! I really want to try the true match concealer as I use the foundation and its really pale so suits my skin tone fine! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. We don't get them in South Africa :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. LittleMissPlusSize31 January 2015 at 10:55

    Ah I am sorry to hear that!! I will be honest and say I have no idea about the Shipping guidelines for South Africa but if you could let me know the shade you would try and your postal address I will see if there is any way possible of sending one to you, hopefully! xx

    ReplyDelete