Sunday 30 November 2014

Champagne, Depression & nostalgia!

moet moet-2

This week has been a busy one for me, I have been doing a little bit of Christmas shopping, working full time and celebrating my mams birthday.

This time three years ago, I would never turn down a night out, a chance to get dressed up and go out and enjoy myself. So a night out in town to celebrate my mams birthday would defiantly be something I was looking forward to? Unfortunately not.

I love my mam, I love the company that was going to be attending that night and I love town! So why was this time any different?

My mam was so excited to be going out, to see her friends that she had not seen for a while but I could do was feel nervous and anxious. Leading up to Friday (her birthday) I felt more and more nervous, I wanted to make sure my outfit was nice and that I wouldn't look out of place.

Have you ever felt nervous or anxious about a celebration and would actually rather stay in the house? My mam was so excited and couldn't understand why I was so anxious which made me feel bad because I should be happy and excited too!

Anyway Friday came, I was at work in the morning and I made sure I left enough time to get ready with plenty of time. I actually enjoyed the 'dressing up' process but I was still nervous.

I am pleased to say the night went fine, I really enjoyed it and it was lovely to be out of the house and in town. Everywhere was so Christmassy and Newcastle is known for its friendly atmosphere (besides the impression Geordie Shore might give you).

I still cannot help think about where I was in my life a few years back to where I am now but I have to learn to accept things have changed but I know that in time I will get there.

I haven't attended Slimming World this week and I haven't been sticking to the plan either. I honestly think Slimming World is a great 'diet' and I hope to re-visit it in the future, however lately I have been more off plan than on so that is making me think whether this is the right plan for me and my lifestyle.

One thing I have learnt this week and would like to share with you is that if you have a Christmas party or event that you have been invited to and are feeling anxious or nervous, even thinking about not attending, try your best to go. We always imagine the worst possible scenario and most of the time everything goes ok.

I am so pleased that I made it out and it has shown me that I can do it. You can too!

Thank you so much for reading

Tracy xx

 

11 comments:

  1. You're not alone in finding it hard to go on nights out - I often have the same problem. However, you're definitely right in saying we should try our best to go because so often I have been scared to go out and ended up having a fab time. Thanks for sharing!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LittleMissPlusSize30 November 2014 at 06:28

    Its good to know that I am not the only one! Sometimes it is easier said than done but I found that if I pushed myself to go out once I was out I felt a little less nervous. My works Christmas party is this Friday so I am hoping all goes well. Thank you so much for commenting I really appreciate it and its good to know I am not alone in all of this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually kind of just went through feeling something similar just this morning. My husband wanted to go out to eat breakfast. Which is something we do pretty regularly. Yet, this morning i didn't want to leave the house and the thought of walking into a crowded restaurant made me feel almost sick at my stomach. I didn't tell him that I was feeling anxious. And we did end up going. It was very, very crowded when we got there so I didn't want to go inside. But once I did, everything was fine. I don't know why we play out these things in our mind to be so terrible. And it gets us all worked up over nothing. I will never understand it. But you are DEFF not alone my friend! :)
    www.thesaltlifewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LittleMissPlusSize1 December 2014 at 00:50

    Its awful especially when most people would see these type of things as treats or a nice thing to do yet we worry about them. I play out scenarios in my head of what could go wrong/happen and they never do!
    Its good to know that others go through the same thing its just a shame that we do!
    I guess as long as we push ourselves then overtime it might get a little better. Thank you so much for your comment and I hope you are well. p s well done for not running away from the place and pushing yourself to go in!
    :D XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just found your blog and I think it's really inspiring, it will be an honor for me if you can visit mine too, and if you want to follow, it will be a pleasure to follow you back! :) <3

    Fashion gets Fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the follow - if you hadn't have, I never would have found you and I really love your posts. I love Slimming World recipes - keep trying and don't give up. I'm a yo-yoer flicking from SW to chocolate purges back to SW but I'm happy. I'd love to see more posts on your health motivations! I'm exactly the same with big nights out. The nerves kick in then I put too much pressure on myself to look amazing. Sometimes, you're right, you just need to throw yourself into it, no matter how you look.
    Love,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  7. LittleMissPlusSize1 December 2014 at 13:26

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment I really appreciate it! I really enjoy finding new blogs to follow as there are some amazing blogs out there. I will deffo have a look at your blog but I don't tend to 'follow for a follow'. I know how much gaining a follower means to me and I don't think it feels the same if you think they are following you because you follow them. (hope that sounds alright :) ) I am pleased you found my blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LittleMissPlusSize1 December 2014 at 13:33

    No problem! I have been spending a bit more time looking at some amazing blogs over on Bloglovin and came across your blog! I love Slimming World too, I know it works and they have some great alternatives for naughtier meals. I am hoping to find a plan that works for me, Slimming World could be it but at the moment I am struggling :(. I have found it so reassuring that people feel the same way, being 'young' the thing to do is to socialize, go on nights out etc and feeling nervous or anxious to the point of sometimes refusing to attend is never mentioned.
    I am pleased you like my blog and I am glad I found yours too!
    Once again thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you went out and had fun. My anxiety sometimes stops me from doing things but after having CBT I do push myself into things now and always enjoy myself. It gets easier with practice. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LittleMissPlusSize4 December 2014 at 06:39

    Ah thank you, me too! I have my Christmas work night out tomorrow and I am already starting to get anxious! I think its great if you can push yourself to go out and I agree that once you do you tend to be ok and enjoy it! Thank you for your comment I really appreciate it xx

    ReplyDelete