Saturday 22 November 2014

Ciate Nail Varnish Collection!

DSC00051

If your anything like me then you will understand how excited I get when I buy a new nail varnish, I remember in my teens I used to spend ages coming up with unusual designs and experimenting with colour.

I started my nail varnish fetish with Nails Inc but it soon became an expensive obsession and I would say over the past couple of years I have fell in love with Essie nail polishes, they are still a little bit pricey but they have good coverage and come a wide variety of colours.

One brand that I have been keen to try for a while now is Ciate, I am so looking forward to December because I have been lucky enough to purchase their advent calendar, however whilst in TK Maxx I found some of their polishes reduced from £9.99 to £3.99 so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to give the brand a try.
DSC00041
I will be the first to admit that I have a bit of OCD when it comes to shopping and tend to buy something I love in every colour so I went a bit over the top but they seemed too could to miss so I would like to share with you me finds.
DSC00113

mulit

I love metallic nail varnish and I had to pick these up, they looked too good not too and I think they will go with a lot of outfits during the festive season and through the winter months.

red
I absolutely love this colour, it is a burgundy colour, almost like a red wine colour with matching coloured shimmer. The coverage was perfect but it did need two coats and I think this will be lovely on the toes whilst wearing peep toe party shoes! The colour is Fashionista Sister and it is defiantly a fashion forward shade for winter.

DSC00125

This colour is simply stunning, a lovely pearl tone, looks very natural but adds a bit of something special as an alternative to a nude or French manicure, again I used two coats but I imagine you could use this over the top of a colour to give a nice pearl essence effect. This colour is in Angel Wings.

DSC00121

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now this colour surprised me, I wasn't sure if I was too keen it but once it was in the nails it soon became a favourite. A stunning metallic which I would use on my ring ringers or my toes, defiantly a talking point and the coverage is great, one of the best metallic I have tried. This is in the colour Gold Digger.

DSC00084 DSC00079

Now I love a glitter polish but hate those polishes that are so hard to remove but these have such a fine glitter that it isn't chunky or difficult to remove.

DSC00070

At first I thought that this was a Dorothy's slipper red however once I applied it it comes to life. The base tone is more of a fuchsia but has a orange glitter and it looks stunning. This is defiantly a show stopper and looks so unusual but would work for both the party season and even during the summer months, I used two coats and the coverage is perfect. This is in the colour Island hopping.

DSC00071

Now I would say out of all of these polishes this is my least favourite. the base is a mucky grey with a yellow/gold glitter. This colour needed three coats to fully cover the nail however it would be nice to use as a top coat with a colour underneath. This is in the colour Glametal.

DSC00076

I love silver especially over the winter months and this colour does not disappoint! Again I needed to use three colours to get a full coverage but this would also be nice over a colour polish as a glittery top coat. This is in the colour looking glass.

DSC00090 DSC00088

 

I love creamy colours so of course these ended up in my basket!

DSC00096

Now in my opinion this colour looks better on the nails than it does in the bottle, it is a grey/blue colour and looks so creamy on the nails I was really surprised at how much I liked this colour. I used two coats but you could get away with using one coat as the coverage is amazing. This is in the colour Vintage.

DSC00093

Another colour I was surprised by was Sharp Tailoring, it is a nice creamy consistency and a neutral colour but looks so put together. This will be an every day colour for me.

DSC00099

Now for a little bit of colour!

DSC00105

This blue colour looks so vibrant and pigmented however I would say that this was very streaky however with three coats it calmed down. For the colour I would happily paint three coats but I was a little disappointed. This is in the colour is called Power Dressing.

. DSC00108

I am not really a one for wearing black nail varnish but it never comes in wrong and seeing how I very rarely use a black I thought I would take advantage of the reduced price to get a high end polish in black. Again this needed three coats but I really like how glossy this is. The colour is in Unrestricted Glam.

Now last but not least I picked up this gorgeous purple colour. Its a very dark purple and again would look great on toes during the party season. Tis also needed three coats and is in the colour Burlesque. After trying a wide variety of finishes from Ciate I would say I am happy with my purchases and I prefer the glitters and creamier consistency's as they give the best colour pay off.

Which is your favourite? What brand do you recommend?

Thank you for reading Tracy xx

13 comments:

  1. I haven't tried Ciate but what a bargain.. gotta love TKMaxx! I can't decide which color i like the best - Power Dressing is a stunner though!
    www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LittleMissPlusSize23 November 2014 at 13:31

    I know! I thought at that price it was my perfect chance to give them a go. Yh power dressing is really nice, I love Island hopping its so unusual. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ciate! I have a blue sparkly one which is brill!

    Heather x
    http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. LittleMissPlusSize24 November 2014 at 11:37

    I am soon becoming a fan! I cant wait to expand my collection. I think I might try some of there effect nail polishes next!
    Thank you so much for commenting I really appreciate it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them!! Especially the black and the pearl tones <3

    aparkaforyourthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LittleMissPlusSize24 November 2014 at 14:01

    Yh I have never owned a high end black nail varnish and the pearl one is stunning!
    Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. No bother! I really like your posts :)


    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I'm envious of your collection! So many lovely shades, my favourite is Fashionista sister :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  9. LittleMissPlusSize27 November 2014 at 13:01

    I know, they have a load to choose from. I tried to get more Autumn/winter shades but they do have some lovely ones!
    Thank you so much for commenting I really appreciate it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These colours are gorgeous! I absolutely love the range and quality of the Ciate polishes, not too mention that the packaging is adorable too! xxx

    Rhiannon Talks - Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. LittleMissPlusSize2 December 2014 at 11:38

    They have so many colours and finishes to chose from and I agree there packaging is soo cute! Thank you for commenting I really appreciate it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, they look all so gorgeous! Looking forward to opening my Ciate nail polish calendar tonight and extending my nail varnish hoard :) Hope you're well xxx

    Caz | Lunch Break Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  13. LittleMissPlusSize6 December 2014 at 15:14

    They are and the formulas are nice too! I have been enjoying opening my advent calendar to find a nice new polish each day! I am so pleased that the calendar reached you! Yh I ok hope you are too! Thank you for commenting! :) xx

    ReplyDelete