Sunday 23 November 2014

Basic Feminine Hygiene!

DSC00173

Now I am not sure how this post will go as it is a bit OTT however I thought that maybes that is more of a reason to go ahead with this post as many people would stay clear seeing as it is more on the personal side.

Being a larger, all my life, as far back as 11-12 years of age I have been very self conscious about my personal hygiene. In my mind, if there was a 'funny' smell people would always think that it was the 'fat' one of the group. Obviously later on in life I came to realise that all of that was just in my head.

However growing up those were my thoughts so I made sure I always stayed as fresh as can be. Running between College and two jobs was a stressful time in my life and staying clean and fresh was even more of an issue.

Over the years I have tried numerous deodorants, some smelt amazing but didn't work, others worked well but there smell was not so fresh and the ones that smelt nice and worked ended up making me blister (I have very sensitive skin).

Anhydrol-Forte

I then discovered Anhydrol Forte, a rollerball that you would use at night for two nights, then have a rest of a day then use it again. This worked perfectly however did sting a little but I put up with it. I used to buy it from Boots however they only have it on prescription now. If you do suffer access sweating it is defiantly something I would recommend.

DSC00178

For the past year at least I have been very loyal to Nivea's Pearl and Beauty deodorant, it supposing offers 48hr protection, for me not quite as much but it is defiantly the best deodorant I have tried. I don't like any of the other Nivea deodorants as they do not work for me so I stick to their Pearl and Beauty range.

I tend to get sucked in and try new deodorants out on the market and recently I re-visited these, Sure and Mitchum deodorants, again these did not work for me however my mam loves them and swears that the keep her feeling fresh all day so I thought I would include them too. They both smell very refreshing just a shame that they did not work for me.

DSC00177

One Christmas my mam bought me this for Christmas and to this day she regrets it, not because it is a bad product but because I wont get washed with anything else! I love the stuff. Imperial Leather Foamburst, a gel shower gel that once used turns into a luxurious foam. If your not one for paying a lot for high end shower gels then try this. Its still pricey at £3.15 however it is worth it and comes in a wide range of scents. Bewitching Blackberry & Wild Fig is my favourite!

DSC00181

One thing I strongly believe in is oral hygiene, now I may not have the best teeth but I do brush regular and lately I have found that this toothpaste works for me, it promises whiter teeth in two weeks so I am looking forward to seeing the results. Oral B 3D White, in Brilliance

 

I recently picked up this Colgate tooth brush to as they were half price in boots and it really makes a difference and leaves your mouth feeling very clean.

Now this is where it gets a little more personal, but being bigger I tend to sweat and unfortunately sometimes suffer with blistering due to chaffing (very attractive I know!) however all that stopped about 3 years ago when I found this combination.

Femfresh Powder and Spray have been a life saver for me, the two combined make sure you stay dry and fresh all day long and they give me confidence that I smell fresh two.

DSC00185

Femfresh have recently brought out an active spray which is meant to be better for you if your a bit busier however the smell is not the same and I prefer the original formula however it still keeps you dry and fresh.

DSC00187

Alongside the spray and powder, using these Always panty liners also help you keep fresh throughout the day and again is a staple for me in my day to day life.

Now I know this might have been a little too much information but all these products combined help to keep me feeling and smell fresh throughout the day and anything that can give me a little confidence in that department is a winner.

I hope you have found some of this useful and please share any products that you think I should try.

Thanks for reading

Tracy xx

 

4 comments:

  1. I didn't think this was tmi at all, really interesting and a great post!

    http://eyelineretiquette.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see these kind of posts online a lot but I wish to- this information is important and I think we all have to deal with it. I'm also using femfresh but another product (intimate wash gel perhaps?). For deodorants I mostly use balea ones (they're usually seen on German/Austrian market) and their scent lasts decently long. And then, I'm also body lotion freak so I use these a lot. And deo wipes sometimes- in summer at least. (Hope that wasn't tmi). xx Maja

    ReplyDelete
  3. LittleMissPlusSize24 November 2014 at 11:20

    Thank you! I wasn't too sure.
    Thank you for commenting I really appreciate it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LittleMissPlusSize24 November 2014 at 11:25

    I really fancy trying one of those intimate shower gels but never got around to it! That sounds good, I love a deodorant that has a long lasting fragrance.
    I don't get on too well with body lotion but its defiantly something I should be in to, I just hate the feeling of being sticky!
    I have never seen a post talking about these kind of products so thought it was worth a try.
    I am pleased you like it and thank you so much for commenting I really appreciate it xx

    ReplyDelete