Thursday 6 November 2014

My Winter Warmers!

 

DSC00136

If you live in the UK you may have noticed a change in temperature recently, now I am the type of person who is always warm come rain or shine, but there has defiantly been a chill in the air.

Last week you may have seen a post letting you know that I have re-joined slimming world and I have to be honest and say I have had a rocky start, however the last few days have been great and I am 100% on plan and thoroughly enjoying it! (just had a syn free chilli and it was gorgeous!).

When it comes to drinks I only ever drink Pepsi Max and I think I have an addiction! If you follow the Slimming World plan you will know that all of your diet soft drinks are syn free therefore you can have as much as you like.

I would say for the past couple of years at least I can easily drink 2 litres a day of Pepsi Max, now syn free or not I know that that is not good for me.

So with that being said I started to look at the hot drinks on the market that would fit in with my Slimming World plan and thought I would share them with you.

tes

Firstly I actually enjoy green tea, I know many people don't. Its not my favourite drink but I do enjoy it so when I saw TeaPigs Mao Feng Green Tea I thought I would give it a try and it is lovely, I find that having a cup during the day at work helps me keep hydrated and warms me up too! (free)

DSC00152

Everybody has been raving about Chai tea and I had never tried it and could not see what all the fuss was about until I tried Twinnings Chai Tea, Its is a spicy tea that I find very calming and like to have a cup before bed. (free)

DSC00154

Now I was very excited to have finally found these, Gingerbread & Cinder Toffee instant coffee by Beanies, the flavour co. These are so tasty and defiantly fix my sweet craving. I had them in the office today and everyone was wanting to try them. I preferred the Cinder Toffee one until I tried the Gingerbread with a bit more milk and splendour and it was amazing! If your not a fan of sweet hot drinks then I would give this a miss, but for a sweet lover like myself these do the trick.

DSC00151

They are only 2 calories per serving (Free on Slimming World) and come in a wide range of flavours (which I hope to buy in the future). They have a chocolate orange one which I think I might try next. I found these at Sainsbury's and they were £2 each for a 50g jar which is not bad.

DSC00153

I love Costa Gingerbread lattes, but when I seen their syn value I could of had an average potion of chips for the amount of syns in one latte! So first I was thinking about adding nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger to a milky coffee but then discovered these in Asda, Nescafe Gingerbread Latte sachets. They taste lovely, no milk just add hot water and you are good to go. Now these do have a higher syn value(4 1/2) but considering the alternative as a treat it is yummy!

DSC00148

Now last but not least I was looking at the hot chocolates about and noticed these Cadbury Highlights in Fudge and Cadburys Chocolate. Now again these are not something you could drink cup after cup as they have a syn value (2) but to fix a chocolate craving or even as a hot drink to sit by the fire with then this is great! They do other flavours too such as caramel, Bournville chocolate etc.

Now I hope these have inspired you to get out your favourite mug and enjoy a guilt free tasty treat. So far so good I have limited my Pepsi Max intake and replaced it with these hot drinks instead.

What's your favourite hot drink?

Thanks for reading

Tracy xx

4 comments:

  1. Love Tea Pigs!

    www.julialundin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Expensive but worth it :) thank you for taking the time to comment xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of that gingerbread coffee! I'm going to have to try that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely, even better at only 2 calories lol thanks for commenting :) xx

    ReplyDelete