Sunday 14 June 2015

What do you know about beauty? Your fat!

DSC00311

Growing up, I can always remember wanting the latest make up products from the latest brand. I loved make up and experimenting with different hairstyles. As I got older I learnt more about what to spend more money on and what I could get cheaper that did just the same job.

When your growing up you learn tips and tricks, products that work and ones that don't, I remember spending nights watching QVC make up shows and learning the basics as my mam never really bothers with make up, she doesn't need to.

So as the years went on I started to really enjoy learning and from make up I was then introduced to the importance of skincare and choosing the right skincare for your skin type.

I have read blogs, followed youtubers for years now who share their love for beauty, skincare and fashion. Sitting watching videos and reading posts I would always think to myself that I would love to do that one day and then I would think why would people listen to what I have to say, after all I am not your typical looking beauty blogger.

Last September I started blogging and I discovered the amazing plus size community, woman of all shapes and sizes sharing their passion for all the things I have put off doing for so long. If you did not know I originally created this blog to help me deal with my depression and also have something to focus on and put all of my energy into.

The plus size community is huge (no pun intended!) and I have been so inspired and given the confidence to share my knowledge, my love and my passion for all things beauty and fashion. Every time I am asked about what I blog about I always think that when I say beauty, the person would automatically think 'What do you know about beauty? Your fat!

I don't know about you, but when I meet someone I don't think 'she's too fat to know about beauty' so why would I think people would think that about me? My conclusion is that most beauty bloggers tend to traditionally be slim and well, beautiful!

The world has a view that being overweight is ugly, now all the lovely and amazing plus size bloggers and models have changed the way people think about plus size woman when it comes to fashion but the stigma is still there when it comes to beauty. However there are well known plus size bloggers sharing their love for beauty and skincare and hopefully the beauty industry will follow the way the fashion industry has.

Who has the right to say someone knows nothing about beauty or that there size dictates what they do and don't have the right to talk about?

Let me know your thoughts! If you had the choice to take the views of a plus size beauty blogger or a traditional beauty blogger who would you choose and why?

Thanks for Reading

Tracy xx

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I personally don't think your knowlege is effected by the number on your bathroom scale. ( I don't know does fat effect your braincells -just kidding-) of course not. I do think that there are a lot of stigma's about being plus size in fashion and beauty. I do agree the world is changing but I keep reading these terrible commen't on plus size blogs. ( it hasn't happend on my blog yet, but I am afraid that it will happen on day) Its sad, it does not have to be like that. But that's what I am struggling with, I love fashion and beauty and at the same time I like to say " it's just the exterior, superficial. Its fun but don't take it to seriously. Your as pretty as you want to be, and as good as the contributions you give to the world.

    I apologize for my long comment's. I just get really passionate reading your blog. It really gets to me. Lots of love

    Curvybird

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it is changing but like you say it is horrible to read negative comments on plus size blogs and like you say just becouse you weigh a certain amount it doesn't make you any less knowledgeable!

    Don't apologize! I love reading comments on my blog and the fact that you take the time to comment on detail makes me happy!

    I like trying to talk about issues/experiences that I go through so its great to see that my topics spark off comments!

    Hope your well and thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! ❤ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you and I think you're such an inspiring blogger. For that reason I'd like to include you in my favourite blogs post at the end of the month to get more people hearing about you and hopefully allow my readers to hop on over to your blog. If this is ok then please comment on my most recent post letting me know. My blog is pinkcupcake7.blogspot.co.uk xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Thank you so much! I enjoy writing about my thoughts and experiences and it means a lot that people can relate to my blog!!

    ❤ xx

    ReplyDelete