Monday 2 March 2015

The Coquetvale Hotel, Rothbury & Update!!

DSC00388

Firstly, I hope you are all well and thank you so much for still sticking by me and my blog even though I have been MIA for a little while! Over the past couple of weeks I have been unwell, just cold but it has been on and off and hard to get rid off, both me and my Mam have been passing it back and forth!

My Mam has also been in a lot of pain with cellulitis in her leg so I have mainly been looking after her and never found time or the energy really to blog. I am pleased to say that I am fully recovered now and my Mam is still in pain and needs help with certain things but she is defiantly on the mend to.

So it was my Mams birthday in November and with it being relatively close to Christmas I decided that one of her birthday presents would be a weekend away to Rothbury in the new year.

DSC00386

For those of you who aren't familiar with Rothbury, it is a gorgeous little town in Northumberland with some amazing scenery!!

DSC00384
DSC00391

DSC00389

Nowadays we take for granted having supermarkets and shopping centres on our door step or just a little drive away, in Rothbury it is very much the case of having a family run butchers, green grocers, bakery etc and thats what I love so much about it! Your not bombarded with offers or convenience food and the shop owners are extremely friendly and helpful.

We stayed at The Coquetvale Hotel, which is just over the river from the town centre. The hotel was incredible, friendly staff and the best part.......they allowed Lulu to come with us too!! Breakfast was gourgouse they had a buffet and a hot breakfast option too. The hotel itself had is own bar and restaurant which was decorated with sophisticated arm chairs and sofas and the bar even had a old fashioned log/coal fire!

DSC00392

Our room was lovely, we had a double bed, a fridge and tea and coffee making facilities, they even offer hot chocolate too incase you have been out exploring in the cold and want to come back and get cozy!

DSC00393

DSC00394

Now when I am on holiday I love to have a nice bath and relax and The Coquetvale never disappointed! Each room has both a bath and shower and the bathrooms are very spacious too. Whilst we were there we found out that some rooms even have whirlpool baths too!

I cannot fault any part of my stay in Rothbury and staying at The Coquetvale hotel, the only thing I would say is, we were in a loft room which was 3 flights of stairs, now with both me and my mam on the heavier side and her having trouble with her legs it was a little difficult at times, however the staff were brilliant, offered to help us with our bags etc and because they have really thought about the design, when you got to the second floor they had seats so you could just take your time and have a rest if needed.

If you are thinking about visiting Northumberland, and Rothbury, you will not be disappointed and I would recommend The Coquetvale Hotel if you were planning on staying overnight.

I know that this is a bit of a different type of post for me, but I thought I would give you a bit of an update on what had been going on recently.

Thanks for Reading!

Tracy xx

 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back and feeling better! :)
    Rothbury sounds amazing!! I would love to go there one day. Your hotel looked lovely! The bathroom looks so clean!


    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete